Eren Jaeger is a character in the anime series Shingeki no Kyojin. He is a member of the Survey Corps, one of the series’ main protagonists. Eren is a determined young man who dreams of one day seeing the outside world beyond the walls of his hometown.
When giant Titans attack his hometown, Eren’s life is changed forever as he witnesses the death of his mother at the hands of one of these creatures. This event drives him to join the Survey Corps to fight Titans and discover a way to protect humanity from them.
Eren is a brave and determined young man who always strives to do what he believes is right. He can be rash and impulsive sometimes, but he has a good heart and cares deeply for his friends and family. He is also a very skilled fighter, and his determination to protect others often puts him in danger.
Eren is an interesting character with a complex backstory. This blog post will explore some interesting facts about Eren Jaeger that you may not know. From his family history to his development as a character, read on to learn more about Eren Jaeger.
Eren Jaeger was born and raised in the Shiganshina District, one of the two outermost walled districts of Wall Maria. As a child, Eren dreamed of joining the Survey Corps one day to explore the outside world, but his mother, Carla, discouraged him from doing so.
On the morning of the Titans’ attack on Shiganshina, Eren and his best friend Armin went to see Carla off as she left to work in another district. That evening, as Titans breached the wall and entered the district, Eren watched in horror as his mother was eaten alive. Enraged, Eren vowed to kill every Titan and enlisted in the Survey Corps later that day.
During his training with the Survey Corps, Eren manifested the ability to transform into a Titan. This caused much fear and suspicion among his fellow soldiers, but ultimately, he was accepted as one of their own. Over time, Eren honed his skills and became one of the most influential members of the Survey Corps. He also developed a close bond with fellow soldier Mikasa Ackerman, who he considers to be like a sister.
The Attack on Titan anime series events follows Eren as he fights against Titans alongside Mikasa and Armin. Through sheer determination and force of will, Eren slowly starts to turn the tide against the Titans – but at what cost?
Facts About Eren Jaeger
Eren Jaeger is a popular character from the anime series Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). He is one of the series’ main protagonists, and his goal is to kill all the Titans.
Eren was born in 845, making him 15 years old at the start of the series. A Titan killed his mother when he was just a child, which motivated him to kill all Titans. He enlisted in the Survey Corps with his best friend Mikasa Ackerman and has since become one of their most valuable members.
Eren can transform into a Titan, which he gained after being injected with Titan serum. This gives him immense strength and size, making him one of the few humans who can hope to fight Titans on equal footing.
Despite his brash personality, Eren is a kind-hearted person who cares deeply for his friends and family. He would do anything to protect them, even if it meant risking his own life.
Interesting Facts about Eren Yeager (Shingeki no Kyojin)
1. Eren ranks second in the character popularity poll, right after Levi.
2. Eren is known for often fighting with local bullies before the Shiganshina Wall was destroyed.
3. In the flashback, Eren’s father noted that he had difficulty making friends.
4. Eren Jeager’s name sounds similar to the German word “Ehrenjäger,” which means “Titular Hunter.”
5. When talking about Titans, Eren often says the suffix -hiki (for small animals) and -tai (for large animals), which signifies his hatred for them.
6. The surname Eren, Jeager is common among German-American immigrants.
7. Eren has the highest Titan kill record so far out of all 104 graduate cadets, although he has killed only one Titan in human form with his Maneuver 3D equipment ability and the rest using his Titan form. In human form, the most numerous is Mikasa.
8. According to Armin, Squad 104th, Eren is nicknamed “Suicidal Bastard” (死 Shi ni isogi yarō ? which means a bastard on the run).
9. Eren comes from the Turkic ethnic culture, meaning “holy person.” Eren can also mean the German word “Ehren,” which means “Honor.”
10. Hajime Isayama said in an interview that Japanese wrestler Yūshin Okami inspired Eren’s Titan form.
11. When Eren raised a giant rock in his Titan form to cover Rose’s wall, Eren’s posture was similar to that of the Ancient Greek Titan Atlas, who put a celestial sphere on his shoulder.
12. Feuerroter Pfeil und Bogen is Eren’s theme song in the anime. The song mentions his name several times.
13. In the anime, Eren’s ears turn red when he lies.
14. In the anime adaptation, some shadows of Eren’s Titan abilities have not been fully revealed.
- After the wall of Maria falls, Eren dreams of his father injecting him with a mysterious serum.
- When Eren failed the basic balance training due to faulty equipment, he slammed his head on the ground. The steam rising from his head is his conscious ability to regenerate instead of being embarrassed (unlike in the manga, whose wounds only fully heal the next day).
15. In the anime, Eren’s Titan form has a Nictitating membrane (the third eyelid of predatory species such as Sharks, Birds of Prey, and Reptiles). We can see that in Episode 8. It is unknown if he has this trait in the Manga.
Eren Jaeger is one of the most fascinating characters in Attack on Titan, and there are plenty of interesting facts about him. For instance, did you know that he was born in the same year as Levi Ackerman? Or that his mother’s name is Carla Jaeger?
There’s also a lot we don’t know about Eren, such as why he joined the Survey Corps or what exactly happened to him during the Battle of Trost. However, this makes him all the more intriguing, and we can’t wait to see what happens with him in future seasons of Attack on Titan.