Steins Gate is an anime series that has been licensed by Funimation and produced by White Fox. The series is a science fiction thriller that involves the concept of time travel and explores what might happen if it were possible to change the past. The show starts out with a lighthearted, comedic tone but soon evolves into something more complex.
The Steins Gate anime tells the story of a group of friends who have managed to create a time machine. Using this machine, they are able to send text messages back in time, which alters the events of the past.
However, as they experiment with the machine, they begin to realize that their actions have far-reaching and dangerous consequences. The story follows the main character, Okabe Rintarou, as he tries to fix the timeline and prevent a future disaster. This anime is a complex and thrilling story that will keep you on the edge.
So if you are going to watch this anime, follow the Chronological Watch order of Steins Gate
Steins Gate Watch Order
- Steins; Gate (2011) (Episode 1-22)
- Steins; Gate: Kyoukaimenjou no Missing Link – Divide By Zero (2015) (Episode 23β)
- Steins;Gate 0 (2018)
- Steins;Gate (2011) (Episode 23-24)
- Steins;Gate: Egoistic Poriomania
- Steins;Gate Movie: Load Region of Déjà vu (2013)
In the Steins; Gate anime, the main characters are:
- Shiina Mayuri: She is the mad scientist of the group and is always coming up with new and interesting gadgets. She is also very childlike and naive, which often gets her into trouble.
- Okabe Rintarou: He is the self-proclaimed “mad scientist” and the one who comes up with most of the crazy plans. He is also in love with Shiina and is always trying to find ways to make her happy.
- Kurisu Makise: She is a genius scientist who helps Okabe with his experiments. She is also very logical and level-headed, which often clashes with Okabe’s more emotional approach to things.
The story of Steins Gate is set in Akihabara, Tokyo, and follows Rintaro Okabe, a self-proclaimed “mad scientist”, who runs the “Future Gadget Laboratory” in an apartment with his air-headed childhood friend Mayuri Shiina and their fellow lab members.
Hashida Itaru, a perverted hacker nicknamed “Daru”; Urushi Kurisu, a genius girl who Okabe nicknames “Christina” after meeting her at a scientific conference; and Faris Nyan Nyan, an otaku cosplay café waitress. The group’s experiments with time travel begin to have serious consequences when they find out that one of their own has been murdered.