Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is a satirical look at the Japanese education system, and it’s insanely funny. But if you’re new to the show, figuring out the order in which to watch it can be tricky. Don’t worry though; I’m here to help!
In this post, I’ll give you my recommended Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Watch Order. So read on, and get ready to laugh.
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Watch Order
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: “Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei” is the sequel of “Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei”. It’s about Itoshiki Nozomu, the desperate teacher, and his class of social cases, where some are eternal optimists, the stalker, the hikikomori, the maniac, the illegal immigrant, the student with the double personality.
- Goku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: This is an OVA episode that takes place during the second season of the Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei. Where Professor Nozomu Itoshiki ‘s 2-H class, an ambient madness still reigns.
- Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
- Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Bangaichi
- Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Special
Nozomu Toshiki is a very pessimistic high school teacher whose even the kanji in his name form the word despair. It is while trying to commit suicide by hanging on a cherry branch that he meets Kafuka Fûra, a young girl with a character totally opposite to his. This one “saves” him in a way and explains to him that one should not commit suicide on such a beautiful spring day.
Naïve and overflowingly optimistic, she even believes that, like her parents, Nozomu did not try to hang herself but rather to make herself grow and gives her the name “Sous-chef Rose”. Exasperated by this girl with a point of view so different from his own, Nozomu leaves, renouncing for a time to commit suicide but he is not at the end of his surprises because it is in class that he finds Kafuka who turns out to be one of his students. But Kafuka is not so different from her classmates, and the desperate teacher will have to teach some very special students.