In FPS games, getting more than 144 FPS (if you have a 144hz monitor) gives the player a competitive advantage, and in Call of Duty: Warzone it couldn’t be different. The game that has become one of the most played titles on the PC in recent weeks, with over 50 million players so far, offers dynamic gameplay to the public on a map with up to 150 players.
Call of Duty: Warzone brings a new approach to gigantic combat arenas, eliminating the need to hunt for weapons and equipment across the map while offering new missions to be completed during the course of the battle, which rewards aggressive moves and maps crossings.
- Best places to loot in Call of Duty Warzone
- Increase Weapons Level In Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War
And the fight doesn’t end after you die. Even if your teammates are unable to revive you, you are placed in the Gulag, where you compete individually with another fallen fighter for the chance to reappear with your squad. Whether you are in Verdansk or the Gulag, high SPF allows you to reach your potential and increase your chances of winning.
The shootings in Call of Duty: Warzone can end in the blink of an eye, so it’s vital to have every possible advantage. Whether you are an experienced pro or a newcomer to the battle royale genre, high FPS gameplay provides several benefits.
Why the high SPF rate is important in Call of Duty: Warzone
- Smoother animations: In Call of Duty: Warzone, the player’s movement is fast. Whether you are holding a position or peeking in the corners, high SPF paired with a high refresh rate display provides greater clarity and understanding when it really matters. In addition, the smoother movement provided by the increased frame rate allows for more opportunities to correct your objective – making it easier to track these targets as they pass. At 240 FPS / Hz, you get 4 times more information and 4 times more opportunities to make micro-corrections to your target compared to 60 FPS / Hz!
- Reduced distraction effects: In the heat of the moment, reacting quickly is critical. Seeing through effects like tearing or ghosting can cost precious milliseconds and affect your ability to perceive the situation correctly. High FPS on a monitor with a high Hz rate significantly reduces these distractions, ensuring that you are really aiming the right target.
- See the players earlier: When milliseconds are important, seeing your opponent a fraction of a second earlier can give you an advantage. A higher FPS reduces your computer’s overall system latency, which means that your actions and game state are displayed on the monitor more quickly. Lower system latency helps improve your reaction times and makes a response to controls appear faster – essential for a fast-paced game like Call of Duty: Warzone.
Preparing to play Warzone at over 144 FPS
The first step in preparing for this 150-person battle royale is to make sure you have the right hardware and settings for high FPS gameplay. Call of Duty: Warzone is full of details and has a large map that can be challenging to render. To take advantage of all the benefits we showed above and get more than 144 FPS in Warzone, you will need a powerful GPU (video card).
Activision recently published its competitive specifications for Call of Duty: Warzone, which recommends GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER at high settings. With this GPU, the vast majority of your time-fighting in Verdansk will be above 144 FPS.
How to optimize game settings for 240 FPS
Using competitive settings can increase your FPS and allow you to reach 240 FPS. Achieving this frame rate per second may depend on your game situation, game version, and PC configuration. Competitive settings also come with a change in image quality: shadows will be less realistic and slightly more blocked, less accurate reflections and the quality of explosions will be reduced.
If you are less concerned with image quality and still want to try to increase the 240 FPS, check out the best Call of Duty: Warzone settings to get that frame rate:
Always remember to set the full-screen mode, as it reduces system latency. Some of these settings are personal preference, so adjust them to find what you like! One thing to note is that the rendering scale has been reduced to 90%. This will result in a small increase in performance in exchange for a slight loss in image quality. However, turning on the sharpness of the image in the control panel almost eliminates any loss in image quality.
How to enable image sharpness in the NVIDIA Control Panel
- Open NVCPL (right-click on the desktop, select NVIDIA Control Panel).
- Select “Manage 3D settings”.
- Select “Program settings”.
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (if you don’t see it in the list, deselect the option “Show only programs found on this computer” or select “Add”).
- Enable image sharpness with default settings using the latest driver GeForce Game Ready.
- When finished, apply your settings and restart the game.
Using the settings described above, you will see a good increase in FPS. The frame rates achieved vary depending on the components of your machine. Therefore, adjust your hardware for maximum performance, eliminating unnecessary services, closing perf-sapping programs, and overclocking your CPU, RAM, and GPU.
Call of Duty: Warzone is the Battle Royale version of Modern Warfare and is now available for free on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.